Monday, 27 June 2011

Hoop Crazy!

I've definitely gone a bit hoop crazy in the last few days! I bought some copper washers from eBay a while ago and fancied doing a bit of wirewrapping with them. "Bit" being the operative word - I love the elaborate swirly wirewrapped jewellery people make but I'm not sure I could manage it myself without a lot of swearing :D

Rummaging through my bead boxes in search of beads to go with the copper hoops I remembered these strangely shaped pearls I've had for years.....flat on the bottom and rounded on the top, all in pretty pale icy colours - pink, green, gold, blue, peach and a funny peacock greeny-grey which are perfect for wrapping to the copper washers.
So I was off!


I fancied adding some sterling wire to these for contrast and actually remembered to oxidise it first - I always have trouble getting sterling to oxidise well when it's in contact with copper. Then I thought I'd make some in sterling silver so I cut some discs with a slightly off centre hole and added a pink pearl......


Then I made a matching pendant.....


The copper earrings with the pink pearl also have a matching pendant which is ready and waiting for it's copper chain, currently winging it's way from the States. I just need to make a fastener for it and oxidise it and then it will be set free in my Folksy shop with the others!

Definitely going to make myself a pair of these......

6 comments:

  1. These came out gorgeous! I love how you wire wrapped around the pearls. ~Val

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, there, i just popped onto your blog, and i think its amazing.Your jewellery is beautiful, and your blog, just looks so fab.Im fairly new to blogging, but im getting there lol.xx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments and questions are very welcome!
If you would prefer to contact me directly you can email me at: spiralchick@gmail.com