Skip to main content

I've finally admitted...............

that Christmas is going to happen again this year!

Don't get me wrong, I do like Christmas but to be totally honest if it was possible I would go into hibernation the day after my birthday in October & emerge round about March when things start to turn green again. I love Spring because it means you've got Christmas & New Year over with and Summer to look forward to!

However, as that isn't possible I suppose I will have to think about what to buy people. I have a few ideas and I'm planning to make an early morning (well, 8.30ish) dash to town next week (not this weekend, NEVER at a weekend coming up to Christmas!)

Buying Christmas presents for my Dad

I'm going to hit M&S to buy my Dad some of these........


Yes, I know, not very original but it's what he wants ("size 9 leather please"!) I will probably also buy him some of these..........


which is good as I can eat some of them too (all of them if he goes out of the room for long enough). I might also buy him something to do with golf...........balls maybe, you can never have too many golf balls. I usually buy him a couple of bottles of red wine each Christmas but for some strange reason he doesn't want any this year. I've just remembered something else he wants ~ Fleetwood Mac's Greatest Hits CD. I don't think he realized he wanted this CD but he does now. The conversation went something like this.... (Advert for CD had just been on the telly) Me: "Would you like that for Christmas?" Dad: "Yes alright".

What I will probably get for Christmas again (I still have some left from last year.......and the year before............)


and some of these..........





I never complain about receiving chocolates because as far as I'm concerned chocolate
is a GOOD THING

My ex-boyfriend had a nut allergy, nothing serious, they just made him very sick. I was quite glad because it meant I didn't have to worry about sharing my Fererro Rocher with him. I think he secretly resented this as once he pinned me down and tried to force feed me with Malteasers.

Right, I'm off to look lovingly at the box of 30 Christmas cards I bought from Sainsburys the other day. I just can't wait to start writing them and then realize I haven't got enough so have to buy some more to give to the people I've forgotten who have just given me their lovingly written Christmas card with a naff photo of a candle on the front....................





Comments

  1. Why would some have to force you to eat malteasers? very puzzling. My fella hides them from me!

    nikkiX

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was his idea of a game. It was actually quite enjoyable once I'd stopped choking!
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments and questions are very welcome!
If you would prefer to contact me directly please use the contact form on my "get in touch" page.

Popular posts from this blog

Combining Soldering And Enamel

The need to make cute, brightly coloured enamel studs propelled me into the world of combining soldering with enamel a couple of years ago. I knew from reading up on it that it was possible to enamel and solder on the same piece but wasn't too confident I was able to do it back then. It was a slightly embarrassing occurance that made me just get on with - I'd made some enamel studs with glued on stud posts. I'd used 2 part epoxy resin which was a job in itself as it set hard after 5 minutes so I had to keep mixing more up. The finished studs looked ok but that little voice in my head kept asking "are you sure you want to use glue?" I wasn't but didn't think I had any other way to do it so I used glue. I sold my first pair and merrily sent them on their way to Canada. A couple of week later the buyer got in touch to say the stud post had come off one of the earrings and the other was hanging off. I was mortified, apologized profusely and refunded her m

Etching Silver Using Nail Art Stamps

So my love/hate relationship with etching sterling silver continues. I've tried a few times now and always end up with different results most of them not that great to be honest. I've tried connecting the silver and a piece of copper to a 9v battery and also heating the ferric nitrate. Sometimes the results are good sometimes not so good. I currently have an etched piece of silver sheet waiting to be reticulated and rid it of the mess that is the etched "pattern".  I now know that using stamps and Stayz On ink just doesn't work with silver - the time needed to etch using ferric nitrate is much longer than etching copper and the ink starts to wear away after about an hour. This results in the pattern being patchy as the resist is eaten away and the silver ends up quite lumpy and course looking. I have yet to try using pnp paper. I don't know why but it all seems a bit of a faff to do. I don't have a laser printer so would need to find somewhere or

Embossing Metal With My Sizzix Bigshot

I must admit up until a few weeks ago I was vaguely familiar with the name Sizzix but as to what you actually did with a "Sizzix" I was completely in the dark! That was until I stumbled across a video from Vintaj showing how you could use their embossing folders with a Bigshot to create designs on metal ("metal" - my favourite word after chocolate!) I was really impressed and itching to have a go, I just needed a Bigshot........ I waited a few weeks then when the urge to possess one overcame me I went out debit card at the ready..............and the shop had sold out! So I trundled off to The Range on the off chance and came home clutching my own surprisingly heavy pink and black wonder machine. It sat on the dining room table for a couple of days while I waited for the embossing folders I'd ordered online to arrive then the time came to start playing! I started with some pre-cut 24g copper hearts and the Wildflower Vines and the Butterfly Swirls Deco